Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like business as usual in free agency
(01-24-2020, 04:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I just got done listening to Dan Horad's podcast with Lap. They were discussing free agency and both guys pointed to Duke's statement about 'not forcing it' and neither Lap or Hoard sounded very enthusiastic about free agency this year. Couple that with Hobson saying that they wouldn't go out of their 'comfort zone' in pursuing free agents, and it sounds like a repeat of the same old approach, unfortunately.

I sure as hell hope it isn't, and that once free agency gets started, they will aggressive and willing to paying a better caliber of player than usual, but it doesn't sound that way so far. Last year was one of the laziest and least inspiring free agents periods I've ever seen from this franchise and that' saying something. Having the chance to draft a potential franchise QB and having guys that can come off the books like Andy and AJ creates a great opportunity to be aggressive in free agency and attempt to make this team as competitive as possible, as soon as possible. 

If they simply use the draft and sign a couple lower tier free agents like last year, then IMO, they've decided once again to take the route which requires the least effort and willingness to do whatever it takes to win.

Unreal! After a 2-14 season there shouldn’t be business as usual, hell not even a “Comfort Zone” unless their comfortable being at the bottom. I’ve been a fan for 40 years, if this FO approaches this off season as usual I will be ......well not shocked at all actually. Pissed but no point in getting excited for FA pickups/ trades etc that will never happen. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 39 damn seasons shame on me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like business as usual in free agency - TKUHL - 01-25-2020, 02:34 AM