Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like business as usual in free agency
(01-24-2020, 09:21 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I hope your right and they move on from Dalton, but I'll believe it when I see it. I hope your also right about signing a semi-decent free agent or two, we shall see. Maybe young Zac can talk some sense into old Mike, but I wouldn't count on it.

Well Duke Tobin sure made it sound like they want to treat Dalton with class and would take his input on any trades. Dalton wants to start and I think the Bengals respect what he's done for the franchise, enough to not keep him as an unhappy backup. I started out thinking there was about a 40% chance we kept Dalton as a backup. After that Tobin interview, I'm 90% sure Dalton is gone.

The Bengals also have a pretty lengthy history of signing some players in free agency. They've never gone all out, but the last couple off-seasons have been dry even by Bengals standards. I know it's easy to be pessimistic about free agency, but I really think we see an uptick this off-season. Not saying we're going to sign any big names, I just think it'll be more like the old standard free agency where we sign someone like a Travelle Wharton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like business as usual in free agency - Shake n Blake - 01-25-2020, 12:10 PM