Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Offseason Roster Question to Ask
(01-24-2020, 07:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's a great plan, but we all know that they aren't going to bring in anyone that requires tier 1 or tier 2 money.

Since its the Bengals, I wouldn't let Dre, Green or Glenn go because they won't replace those guys with anyone expect a garbage pile free agent or a low draft pick.  Might as well keep them.

Could be right, sucks though.

(01-24-2020, 09:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Jamie Collins and Karl Joseph both of them are Mike Brown type Free Agents and would be great additions to the defense.

Would be really happy with this Free Agency, then draft Burrow and a RT like Bechton in the 2nd round.

Then add weapons for Burrow.

(01-24-2020, 11:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know that the Bengals need to bring in TWO free agent LBs.  Once Brown was released, it seemed like Germaine Pratt's development curve took a strong upward curve, and Vigil seemed to just relax and make more plays.  I could see bringing in ONE quality free agent LB, as the Bengals are in a base set less than half of the time.  However, which LB to pick is something that must be studied upon, as he must be a guy that is going to be a not only a good athlete, but a good fit with the team, the scheme, and with the Bengals defensive study room.

Personally, I think a player like Danny Trevethon fits exactly what the Bengals need.  He's strong against the run, he can cover, he's good at executing the blitz.  But, his best attribute might be his leadership instincts.  That is something that the Bengals LB corps desperately needs right now, someone to both help Pratt get to the next level in his game, as well as help Vigil maximize his contributions on the field.

Sure, you can go with the hottest stat guys out there, pay them big money, and still not have things work out, because not everyone is a good fit on every team.  Look at Cleveland, they did a great job of putting together a collection of talented players, but they didn't meld into a cohesive team and live up to anyone's expectations of them.

Yeah, would like Trevathan as well. Pratt I have very high hopes for and Vigil did play well later on in the season once he got healthy. Any mixture of Trevathan and Karl Joseph or Jamie Collins and Joseph or Littleton and Joseph I would be very happy with.

The Defense would be much better I am sure.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE Offseason Roster Question to Ask - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-25-2020, 04:15 PM