Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like business as usual in free agency
(01-25-2020, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We are best to not get our hopes up (like every year).  However, this is what I do.  I plan.  I design.  I dream.  If they don't see it happening for other teams and only focus on their turd FA acquisitions (Antonio Bryant) than they will continue to just flounder along below real competitiveness.  

Their stands are, for the most part, empty.  The fan base is very excited about Burrow, but not stupid enough to think a QB will solve even half of their problems, if any at all.  

The money saved on Dalton's eminent departure (yes, it is only one year)
and the potential savings behind trading guys (largely to get out of the contract...Don't expect higher than a 3rd round pick for either) like Kirkpatrick and Gio would allow for the signing of Whit to play LG and Thuney to play RG.  Maybe someone will offer something for Billy Price that needs a center and get out of his contract as well.  They would have enough depth with Miller and Jordan, as he played center as well.  

Defensively, although they certainly played better toward the end of the year, they need a playmaker at SS, a true sideline to sideline LB, and depth at DE/DT.  Of course, they could also use a RT, and if Bechton is there in Rd 2, you take him (supposed to be gone now, but who knows...since he is a RT).  

My dream is that they get those FA I mentioned, get picks for Dalton(2nd), Dre(3rd), and Gio(3rd) and address all those positions I mentioned.  Sure, most rookies don't make a huge impact as rookies, but if you can get the SS and LB with your second round picks, and a RT, DE, and possibly another LB with your third round picks, you have at least given this team a chance.  

I have no doubts the offense will roll but the defense needs a lot of help and you could add as many as 3 top 50 players to help there if you slide a bit in Rd 2 and pick up an additional 2nd rounder (dolphins and bills have all kinds of draft capital). 

Fingers crossed that they approach this offseason differently.  

Good thoughts and only thing I would add is the exchange long term of Burrow for Dalton in reality will extend 4 years. in 2020, it just begins the savings of 18 million for 8+ million. Do, we have 4 years of large cap savings on a QB. Other teams also have QB's whose cap hit is over 20 million baked in for years so we have more money to spend on other positions/players than they do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like business as usual in free agency - Luvnit2 - 01-25-2020, 04:30 PM