Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Offseason Roster Question to Ask
(01-25-2020, 04:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I keep bringing this up but I believe it would be a great route to go..

I know everyone wants Jack Conklin but I believe Steelers RT Matt Feiler had a better year. Feiler is a RFA so they would have to outbid the Steelers for him but they don't have as much Cap space to work with so the Bengals could steal him from the Steelers or force them to spend more than they really can to keep him. Either way you hurt a division rival.

Worth a shot, but it seems far more aggressive than something the Bengals would typically do.

(01-25-2020, 05:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just say F it and back a truckload of money to Scherff, Conklin, Littleton, and Schobert.

Bengals will have more money than they can spend once Dalton/Kirkpatrick/Glenn are off the books and I don't think there will be any ability to roll over salary cap space again. So it's time to stop F'ing around and fix the team. I don't trust this team to draft OL or LB (or much of anything, honestly) so being able to just plug in 2 high quality OL and 2 high quality LB would do wonders for this team.

- - - - - - 

...that said, there's a whole lot of talk about "not leaving their comfort zone" and "finding the right smart pieces that fit" that gives me zero confidence that the Bengals will do anything meaningful in FA or make any changes needed to not be last in the division again.

No doubt we have enough money to back up the Brink's truck, but we all know a lower tier free agent is more likely. Maybe Scherff is possible if his recent injuries drive his price down? I think a Travelle Wharton caliber free agent is possible, but you know we aren't getting any player who has real competition for his services.

I'm just hoping that Mike doesn't look at Jonah coming back and getting Burrow as "enough", but I know in his mind it might be. He always seems to settle rather than be anything remotely close to aggressive. My main hope is that with so much money freeing up (Dalton/Kirkpatrick/Glenn, etc), it might prompt them to do some spending. At least more than the last couple years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE Offseason Roster Question to Ask - Shake n Blake - 01-25-2020, 09:15 PM