Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling over money under new CBA
(01-24-2020, 05:23 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I have seen no evidence that Mike Brown will be conducting business any differently than he did prior to 2013 (the first year of minimum spending).
I would not expect MB to overpay any free agents this year, which is what it will take to get anyone of quality to come to Cincinnati due to our track record.  Actually, I believe we should see more of the same, which will be bargain bin FA's looking to hang on in the NFL.  

Because we have the number 1 pick (which should be Joe Burrow), I would not expect him to do much more.  ZT should have little influence over MB, especially with the record he put out in 2019.  The fans will be rightfully upset, the excitement of the draft will come and we will forget as usual.  Let's hope Burrow doesn't quit/give up like Carson did when MB refuses to help the team when he's in position to do so, as he has done in the past.

MB has never spent much money or taken much risk in bringing players to the Bengals.  It's not his style and he's too old to change now.  I'd pocket the money too if I was MB, because that's what he's good at, making money.  He sure as hell sucks at being a GM when it comes to fielding a winning football team.

I don't know that he's good at making money.  He's in a system where he can't help but make money, but how does he do in relation to other teams?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193553/revenue-of-national-football-league-teams-in-2010/

Edit: I think you can only look at that link once. Then they want you to pay. Bengals were 30th in total revenue at $375 million.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rolling over money under new CBA - michaelsean - 01-27-2020, 10:12 AM