Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like business as usual in free agency
(01-24-2020, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When Marvin first arrived the Bengals signed a few quality free agents.  Not big stars, but established starters and/or decently rated players like John Thornton, Tory James, Bobbie Williams, Duane Clemmons, Nate Webster, Reggie Kelly, Kim Herring, and Kevin Hardy.

Then again in 2011, after a 12 loss season, they signed three new defensive starters (Manny Lawson, Thomas Howard, Nate Clemmons).

I am not expecting any top rated free agents, but I do expect more that the last few years.

This is what I expect if ML was here. Not sure how ZT works with the FO to bring in FA. Maybe he wants them to pursue more or he is happy with the team he has. Not sure. ML at least knew he needed to bring new blood into the team; hopefully players that have won at other teams to bring in the winning attitude. ZT needs to do the same thing. Bring players in from winning programs to help improve the morale of the team and fill some of the void on the team. 

With ML gone I'm not sure how FA will go. Hopefully better than last year and if not, well another losing season more than likely to come in 2020. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like business as usual in free agency - MEBengalsFan - 01-27-2020, 12:16 PM