Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Castellini would you please buy the Bengals...
(01-28-2020, 02:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Trade massive nepotism and incompetence for... large nepotism and incompetence with a desire to win.

At least the Reds got tired of losing and are doing something about it this offeseason, though. (*Cough*Free Agency*Cough*)  Makes it much easier to cheer for the Reds when at least it seems like they care about the fans. Haven't had the on-field success, but the fan experience is great, the promotional events are good, the Reds Hall of Fame is top notch, there's always former Reds hanging around it seems......

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/07/28/mike-brown-lack--honoring-former-players-probably-my-fault/30789387/

Quote:Pleas for the Bengals to do more in honoring former players have not fallen on deaf ears. Mike Brown admitted on Tuesday he is reconsidering some type of way to honor past players around Paul Brown Stadium after years of resistance to the concept.

The Bengals are the only team in the NFL not to have a hall of fame, ring of honor, statues or annual ceremonies to celebrate former players.

"I understand the players," Brown said at the team's annual media luncheon. "They want to be remembered. I think it is a good thing to do that. We have never traded here on nostalgia. That's probably my fault. Because a little of it is a good thing. Fans like that sort of thing. What I'm saying is I'm stewing on it. I'm aware of the discomfort with our position."

The way he speaks is soooo frustrating. "I understand the players" and "Fans like that sort of thing". How about you wanting to do it because it's the right thing to do? "We don't trade here on nostalgia"? Who even speaks like that?

"That's probably my fault" - "I'm stewing on it"? While knowing full well it won't happen? Sometimes I wonder if this guy just enjoys sticking it to people.

Gaah

Instead of a real HOF, ring of honor or anything meaningful, the Bengals held a fan vote on Bengals.com. What a high class organization.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mr. Castellini would you please buy the Bengals... - Shake n Blake - 01-28-2020, 02:53 PM