Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like business as usual in free agency
(01-29-2020, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is if you believe unproven Draft picks are just as good as proven FA's and Joe Burrow...

I've seen this mentioned a few times (that draft picks are unproven) in response to the idea that Joe Burrow js untouchable.  Why is it that Joe Burrow is already "proven" or viewed as a sure thing, while the other 200+ are "unproven"?  Is he not a rookie too? Does he have NFL experience, that picks 2, 3, 4, 5... do not?

Fwiw, I would not trade him for the Dolphins 3 first picks. But if you started adding to that offer (Say, 3 1st, 2 2nds) then I think it needs to be considered and is, at the very least, worthy of discussion.

And I must admit, many of the people now saying they have no faith in our drafting, as a reason to dismiss the idea of listening to offers, are the same people who routinely grade every one of our drafts A, A- and B+'s.

To each their own, but if someone calls up and offers something nuts like 4 1st round picks then I think you have to strongly consider it. If you believe we hit at a lower rate than most, then it make sense to stockpile picks to hedge our bets, so to speak.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like business as usual in free agency - Wes Mantooth - 01-29-2020, 03:26 PM