Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like business as usual in free agency
(01-29-2020, 03:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've seen this mentioned a few times (that draft picks are unproven) in response to the idea that Joe Burrow js untouchable.  Why is it that Joe Burrow is already "proven" or viewed as a sure thing, while the other 200+ are "unproven"?  Is he not a rookie too? Does he have NFL experience, that picks 2, 3, 4, 5... do not?

Fwiw, I would not trade him for the Dolphins 3 first picks. But if you started adding to that offer (Say, 3 1st, 2 2nds) then I think it needs to be considered and is, at the very least, worthy of discussion.

And I must admit, many of the people now saying they have no faith in our drafting, as a reason to dismiss the idea of listening to offers, are the same people who routinely grade every one of our drafts A, A- and B+'s.

To each their own, but if someone calls up and offers something nuts like 4 1st round picks then I think you have to strongly consider it. If you believe we hit at a lower rate than most, then it make sense to stockpile picks to hedge our bets, so to speak.

True, Burrow is unproven in the NFL as well. We would be dumb not to consider what you say here. I getcha.

Just find Burrow to be the best QB prospect to come out in a decade or so and this is right when we need a new Franchise QB
and right when we have the first overall pick to get him. We used FA that last time we were in this same position, I think we 
will do the same again and build the team around Burrow and the future will be bright as long as coaching comes along.

The Dolphins first 3 picks are not worth Joe Burrow as you say and I don't see any team offering more than that so I find the 
trading the pick narrative annoying and unrealistic. Especially considering how the Burrow's are talking, namely his father.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like business as usual in free agency - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-29-2020, 03:51 PM