Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box..QB Lottery)
(01-29-2020, 09:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Overall, I'd be happy if things fell this way depending on who was still on the board at #33.

I will say I see Davis-Gaither as more of a STAR than a true WLB.  That's not to say I wouldn't draft him, but he simply won't survive as a 3 down LB in the NFL playing under 220.  He can potentially bulk up, but the concern whenever a guy who has to chase and run has to significantly bulk up is that they will lose speed and CoD ability.  I think if you take him, you need to add another guy somewhere that can fill that role to avoid having to scrap a big chunk of your defensive playbook if he gets hurt.

Brown is a guy I can see shooting into Day 2 consideration if he has a good combine due to the weak LB class.  

The last two picks are really the only ones I don't particularly care for.  Victor is a guy with a low ceiling that has never been tremendously productive in college.  I think the 6th is about where he would go in a typical WR class.  In this year's class, I think there will be better in that spot.  Marino I would pass on strictly due to age and on field shenanigans.  

Depending on offensive formation ADG would play both OLB spots WLB and SAM/STAR. WILL in base 43, SAM/STAR in a nickle, and even MIKE in a dime. He is a guy that will be moved around to create matchups. I get the weight thing but he is a linebacker that is physical against the run in the box which is one of his best traits. I'm know nothing about Kinesiology but I have to believe since ADG came into college very small and added weight every year he will be able to add muscle to the right areas and even improve his athleticism.

Cam Brown I have a low 4th high 5th round grade on just for his athletic ability but he is that low because his play on the field. It might be a weak linebacker class but there are a few linebackers that aren't as athletic but more along in their development that will jump him. Example the Miami Linebackers Quarterman and Pinckney.

It might be a deep WR class but that also means alot more will be drafted earlier and Victor is a smooth athlete that can create separation. If he develops his releases he can turn into a solid receiver. 

Garrett Marino is a good 3T. You are right he will be older and has issues with penalties but you are locking down the service of a good interior penetrating tackle for at least 4 years in the 7th round. He can add a little depth behind Geno for a couple years while they find a replacement.

I went into the draft wanting to add playmaker outside numbers on offense and inside the numbers on defense while building on a weak offensive line. It wasn't about filling all the holes but bringing in guys that I can build around.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box..QB Lottery) - Synric - 01-30-2020, 02:12 PM