Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box..QB Lottery)
(01-30-2020, 02:21 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Played football my whole life, Played College football all the way up until my groin said no more and never once used the drugs associated with telvin. We are all in pain bro but not all of us have a drug problem in fact most don’t when most if not all are in pain.

ADG is a telvin smith type player ‘pre draft’. Telvin Smith was a 5th round draft pick almost solely cuz of his size and scouts were suspect if he could play in the nfl and that was regardless of how productive of a linebacker he was In his 1 year starting at FSU.  And because teams were scared of his size he fell to the 5th and Jacksonville nabbed a steal. With the way the league is going Pass heavy why shouldn’t we get a firey type fly around sideline to sideline tackler.  This defense needs more athleticism, speed and attitude and he brings all that.

People get caught up with specs and combine numbers etc wayyyyyyyyy too much when imo 9 out of 10 times just watch the tape and see what that tells u.  regardless of ADG size the guy can play linebacker well and the tape on him will show u that.  I think that if we like what we see from him on tape draft him.  Just my opinion.

(01-30-2020, 05:44 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Negative.  that may be what the mainstream media is putting out there but sources close to telvin and people out here in the Jacksonville area say something completely different.  Hell His house was just raided 2 months ago and they found massive amounts of drugs and they towed his car away for further investigation  as he is a possible suspect in criminal activity.  Also he didn’t retire because of concussions he retired because of personal reasons.  If it was concussions he would’ve just came out and said that but he didn’t.  He said he needs to take time away from the game and get his life straight.  That says in no way concussions lol He’s also not ruling out a return either just not right now.... which also tells you it’s not concussions.  Also it’s been said from people close to Him that he is down to about 186 lbs.  again y’all a far removed from what’s actually going on with telvin.

Weed is now a trendy alternative to opiates for pain relief. Most of us don't have the nagging injuries that an NFL player deals with, either.

You can't just "trust the tape" on small school prospects.  How many future NFL starters do you think Davis-Gaither competed with in the Sun Belt conference?  How many guys did he compete against that could even earn a PS spot?  Any draftable player from a small school like that is going to look like a man amongst boys on most of their tape.  

The NFL is cyclical.  Last year, the Patriots won the Super Bowl by lining up in I-formation with a true FB and pounding teams that came at them with undersized defensive packages.  Again, I'm not against drafting Davis-Gaither, but I see him as more of a package player than a full time WLB.

Smith himself cited health issues as part of the reason for his retirement and has self-reported concussion symptoms in the past.  Running a drug ring doesn't really neccessitate retirement, either.  Lots of ex-athletes that have issues with pain immediately try to cut weight to ease the strain on their bodies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box..QB Lottery) - Whatever - 01-30-2020, 09:01 PM