Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Castellini would you please buy the Bengals...
baseball has more cheaters than nfl. using video cameras from outfield for sign stealing. it's kind of like bonds "Didn't need the roids", but he still used them. la russa was using cameras in outfield, so you know how long this has been going on - imagine the cameras back then - no way they could have read a sign from the outfield, where big money is involved someone is not playing fair. You have to wonder how many player are oblivous or not, have to imagine they all know what's going on (or at least the important ones). What's that banging in the dugout? Oh, it's an offspeed. I mean that's gotta be a full on idiot thinking nobody woudl catch on to the banging.

Seems like we are all fine wasting time watching not well regulated sports where people don't play within the "rules". Without rules, what is a sport? If we rampantly cheated during regular season, were caught, but we won a superbowl that year - honestly how would you guys feel? Welcome to MLB. If everyone else is doing it, it's got to be OK. Big time gray area.

Reminds me of college where laptops were first starting to come around. Programming teacher allowed you to bring a laptop to the programming test, if you had one. At the time, we all paid $5000 for Dell computers in our dorms. The even richer kids had slow ass laptops. Their code would compile on the test. Some of us others would write it by hand, and get syntax errors. I went up to the teacher afterwards and said I'm not sure how you think this is fair, I can't be marked down because I don't have a computer to autocorrect me.

This is one reason why I thnk the Bengals fail though, they don't try to cheat at all as far as I can tell. Belichick has quotes saying he doesn't "try as hard" after spygate. He definitely subscribes to "if you're not cheating you're not trying" mantra with how many times they've been caught. It does take an AJ Green caliber player to overcome another team cheating.

So when you say "hopefully he pitches great" do you mean hopefully he pitches against people who don't know all of his catcher's signs, or he is able to overcome those anyway? So if everyone in baseball cheats, time for Bonds and CLemens to get into the HOF - the best of the cheaters. Have to consider it since convicted cheating teams are winning MLB World series.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mr. Castellini would you please buy the Bengals... - reuben.ahmed - 01-31-2020, 09:16 AM