Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boomer sees greatness in Burrow
(01-31-2020, 10:33 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get really tired of hearing the same old narratives being parroted time and again. "He's 23" you'd think he's 35. I guess all the QB's that played in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's were all over the hill because they normally stayed in school 4 years.

"He's a one year wonder" no he's not

"He was playing against kids" He handily defeated some of the best D's in college football. And not only beat them, carved them up !

"He has a weak arm" Ok so he's not John Elway, neither was Joe Montana

"He's only good because of Joe Brady" LOL

23 and 18 is a huge difference, that's not 25 and 30.

How about I put it this way, is there  big difference between a 10 year old and 15 year old playing any sport? Lol. Seemingly you think 18 is hte magic number where it stops mattering. They may have the skill but there is no match for the intellectual, and that is normally what an older person has a (major) advantage of. 18 year olds are shell shocked. It wouldn't be mentioned if it didn't matter, would it? If age doesn't matter then I guess Trevor Lawrence won't improve at all in the next 3 years (since he's 20). I'm saying it's hard to judge when they're not on equal footing and the game has changed since the 50s lol. How many of those college players will not be pro that he's whipping up on? Yes, he's clearly better than the other QBs that are destined to be accountants.

If and (in my guesstimate when) he fails here, you will have excuses for not him, but somebody else. I want him drafted too but you need a dose or reality. I expect zero superbowls and a playoff win or two out of him in this franchise, but hope for different.

BTW 23 matters because statistically that's when QBs make a jump. It's hard to not form opinions off facts.

To put it another way, grab all first round draft picks that are 22. Then grab a random bunch of 18 year olds in college for them to play against. It's like red rover, there is a weak link, most of the competition he is playing against there is not going to make the NFL AND they are younger.

I'm not saying he won't be good I'm saying you're blinded if you think you know that for sure! And to not have bias to that opinion when you're a "bengals fan", frankly, is hilarious, given their history.

To compare mahomes though, who has no equal (does he?) in past NFL QBs or current with someone who didn't play a single NFL game is strange. That's definitely going out there in your hopes and dreams. YOu essentially say Andy Dalton is worth -10 wins or so. I wanted Andy gone too, but in no way is a single player other than a GOAT worth 10+ wins. This team has a lot going wrong all over the place.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boomer sees greatness in Burrow - 3wt - 01-30-2020, 01:27 PM
RE: Boomer sees greatness in Burrow - reuben.ahmed - 01-31-2020, 02:26 PM