Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(01-31-2020, 01:31 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I am though concerned about Burrow's judgment in hiring a dud like Jordan Palmer as his private QB coach. Jordan will no doubt be in his ear running his mouth about the Bengals when he should just be happy the Bengals gave him paychecks in a pathetic attempt to keep Carson happy.  

Great players rarely if ever make good coaches. Look across all sports at highly successful former players turned coaches and only a handful of them were ever anything truly special as players. I'm trying to think of who the most successful player turned coach actually is and the best I can come up with off the top of my head is...Joe Torre? Mike Ditka and Forrest Gregg for football, maybe? There just aren't that many of them. I think it has to do with the fact that truly great players are just gifted naturally, whereas the more rank and file players have to learn and study and work that much harder because the natural talent isn't there. Therefore the rank and file are better suited to coaching. It's like the old saying: "Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach."

Mr. RunPee's lack of ability when he played shouldn't be a concern. However, his being the brother of the team's most consistently butt-hurt former player is absolutely concerning. The last thing this franchise needs is for their shiny new first pick in the draft to arrive already poisoned on the team due to outside influences.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more - Ravage - 01-31-2020, 06:43 PM