Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box..QB Lottery)
(01-30-2020, 09:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Weed is now a trendy alternative to opiates for pain relief. Most of us don't have the nagging injuries that an NFL player deals with, either.

You can't just "trust the tape" on small school prospects.  How many future NFL starters do you think Davis-Gaither competed with in the Sun Belt conference?  How many guys did he compete against that could even earn a PS spot?  Any draftable player from a small school like that is going to look like a man amongst boys on most of their tape.  

The NFL is cyclical.  Last year, the Patriots won the Super Bowl by lining up in I-formation with a true FB and pounding teams that came at them with undersized defensive packages.  Again, I'm not against drafting Davis-Gaither, but I see him as more of a package player than a full time WLB.

Smith himself cited health issues as part of the reason for his retirement and has self-reported concussion symptoms in the past.  Running a drug ring doesn't really neccessitate retirement, either.  Lots of ex-athletes that have issues with pain immediately try to cut weight to ease the strain on their bodies.

Smith made it clear that he need to take this time get his life right and also some health concerns. Concussions are a huge deal in the nfl if he retired cuz of concussions he would’ve said that but he never did. People need to stop playing dumb. If ADG is there draft him we have drafted plenty of linebackers that are the right size u talk about and they bloooooow and regardless of where a guy plays big school small school I will always trust the tape and what they do on the field instead of what they do in shorts and a t shirt in Indy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box..QB Lottery) - SadFaceBengal15 - 02-01-2020, 05:59 PM