Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-28-2015, 08:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't need to use their numbers to dispute your claims. There are a number of other countries out there as well as any number of other variables. You're right, we can play this game all day long. But in the end the result is the same, there are too many variables to do a country to country comparison that has any validity based on the information available. Unfortunately for you, without the country to country comparison the only thing available to see is that the prevalence rates remained steady, showing little to no impact of SSM on the rate. You said I was ignoring things but I'm not ignoring anything. I just recognize the fallacious reasoning you are using to come to your conclusions.

I'd like it to stop spreading, but nothing you have presented here has shown there is a correlation to allowing SSM and a rise in the prevalence of HIV infections and so there is no logical step to make to preventing it due to that.

I am curious about that last part, though. How does the general population become infected? Are you expecting more bisexual activity with SSM becoming a thing? How does it make that leap?

Frankly after reviewing the numbers from Russia, I'm embarrassed that you actually tried to use them in your argument. You clearly don't understand how to analyze statistics.

No it's not unfortunate for me. The numbers are what they are. I don't make them up, neither do you. You can point to as many variables as you want, but it's not going to suddenly make all of the numbers invalid like you wish for them to be.

What I have presented is that in countries where SSM is not legal, the rates have started to fall (due to what ever variable you want to use). Where SSM has been made legal, more of the general population got infected (due to whatever variable you want to use), where as in the other the numbers dropped by half. Pretty telling considering the population sizes of India and Japan vs Netherlands.

I'll get back to you later on that last part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - Mike M (the other one) - 05-29-2015, 02:33 PM