Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
When you think on the subject of whether player A is good enough vs reality they're probably pretty darn good, but the problem is another team may just find someone who is that much better meaning the absolute best players don't just grow on trees. They're kind of difficult to find for everyone. It's not as if any team can just go to the local tavern on any given night to field the greatest team of all time. They have to go far and afield to find even lousy players much less great ones. How many Cincinnati born and breed guys play for the bengals? Not many so they have to weed through thousands of college players from all over the nation to find just a few every year and the same is true for every team. I suspect the problem is much worse for colleges. Not every college has the recruiting money OSU has so sometimes their football team is made up of whoever just happens to try out in the offseason and probably not doing all that great academically.
it's kind of like the difference between life expectancy vs life spans. There's a vast difference in them. Life spans are how long individuals actually lived. Life expectancy are averages. Example: A set of twins..One dies at birth while the other lives to 100. Together their life expectancy is 50 which tells you nothing of the twins other than their average so...the moral of the story is (yes, there is a moral to the story here which accounts for moral victories...I guess) while most players are probably much better than just rounding up guys in the local bar they're nowhere near as good at the greatest players of all time. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - grampahol - 02-07-2020, 09:57 AM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM