Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Reds hang with the Dodgers?
(02-06-2020, 05:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d still like another star bat added to make it closer, preferably Lindor. I don’t have a lot of faith in a Votto resurgence and Barnhardt is still pretty useless offensively and still have unknowns in Shogo and Senzel.

That "star" may or may not produce come playoff time. Recall back in 2010 Votto was the league MVP and seemed destined for greatness by just about every standard, but in post season he was 1 for 10, no walks and 2 strike outs. In the post season all bets are off because anyone can be the hero, even a guy who hits under .100 the entire season, but hits the game winner on one particular day. Even a relief pitcher with a 19.99 ERA can, in theory hit the series winning grand slam and go down as the world series hero. (not that anyone would expect such a pitcher come up to bat w/bases loaded in the WS..but stranger things have happened.)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Reds hang with the Dodgers? - grampahol - 02-07-2020, 11:28 AM