Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here.
I think most of the conversation about him not wanting to be drafted by the Bengals is trash. There's a whole lot of grasping at straws going on by some, to put it generously, "imaginative" journalists. Florio is a prick and always has been, so his speculative articles mean less than nothing in terms of reality.

I do however get a bit of enjoyment seeing the family get dragged for being so laughably conservative in their approach to team building. They've earned the distinction of being a laughingstock over the years. Watching them get some heat from national media is entertaining. They have the privilege (among many other privileges that come from being daddy-rich turds) of playing in a market where they can fly under the radar nationally. The lost decade made it even easier to ignore them when they took themselves off of the map of relevance in the NFL. Nobody cares about them or their team, really. That is, until the golden boy of college football falls into their laps, lol.

I can't wait until FA gets here and the Bengals Bengal again. They're going to, more than likely. Hobson, the mouthpiece is downright defiant about the quality of the OL and the imminent greatness of AJ Green, who will apparently return to prime form after not playing for almost 2 years and getting another huge deal from the team. Oh, and don't forget the excellent cuisine served in the team cafe that he felt the need to mention this week, as if anyone gives a shit. I hope the media and the people around Burrow are ready to highlight to him that his future employer, also a 2-14 football team, feels like they don't need to make any real improvements. He might start to think they don't care about winning and are just here to collect profit-sharing checks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here. - samhain - 02-08-2020, 06:25 PM