Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here.
We're one week into February and I'm already exhausted.

Joe Burrow:
"I'm thrilled by the opportunity to go #1 overall."
"I'll go to whoever pays me to play football."
"Cincinnati's gonna hate me." (When asked about his opinion of Skyline Chili)

Joe Burrow's dad:
"He's thrilled by the opportunity to go #1 overall."
"He's not going to 'pull an Eli.'  I don't know where this narrative is coming from but it's getting on our nerves."
"I'd just have to hop on the highway for 3 hours to watch him play, so that would be nice."
"He understands how the NFL Draft works."

Neither Burrow nor his dad have said ANYTHING to indicate that he would not play here, or that he would not want to play here.  Not a word.  They've said everything that they've needed to say during this process.  

And it's as I've said before.  Not every player gets the luxury of going to their dream team.  So speculating on where a player would want to play is, to me, a wasted exercise.  Because it doesn't really matter.  Unless a player pulls an Eli (which Burrow's dad explicitly stated Joe would not do), they go to the team that picks them.

Joe Burrow not having an innate desire to be a Bengal =/= he wouldn't be happy to be a Bengal.  One does not equal the other.  But it seems that blowhards like Mike Florio are hellbent on forcing that idea.  But make no mistake.  It is purely, 100% fabricated.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here. - Big Boss - 02-08-2020, 06:45 PM