Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bengals look at XFL players?
(02-09-2020, 11:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The usfl also came at a point where NFL salaries were a point of contention with players and they paid comparable amounts.  The NFL is an oligopoly of 32 billionaires, the idea of anyone competing with them on their turf is unlikely in this day and age.

I assume Vince McMahon owns all the XFL teams as he did the first time.

That is correct, according to WIKI.

It appears that the salary structure is comparable to that of AAA Baseball or Minor League Hockey, etc.  It'll be interesting to see how the viewership ratings turn out, once the teams have had a few weeks to settle in.  It's a rough time of year to fight for sports viewership, with NCAA basketball heading into tournament season, the start of the NASCAR season, followed with the start of Baseball season and the NBA and NHL playoffs.

I think that their best chance to secure a fan base is by doing exactly what they are, offering an affordable opportunity for people and families to attend live sporting events.  With ticket prices starting at around $20/seat, it makes it a lot easier for everyday Joe or Jane to pack up the family and go out to the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Bengals look at XFL players? - SunsetBengal - 02-09-2020, 12:09 PM