Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here.
(02-09-2020, 03:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It used to be just him doing that, so I would scan the authors name before reading the article.  If it was Florio, I kept scrolling without reading.  Unfortunately that no longer works, as they are all bad about it now.  Maybe it's because they are sucking up to the boss?  At one point in time you could bank on the article about the turnover created by the offense fumbling through the endzone being title "The worst rule in football has to change" and being authored by Florio.  He would spew on an on about how it was terrible and no one likes the rule (despite the vast majority being agreeing with the rule).  Now you can assured the title will be the same, but it could be authored by anyone on the sight.

Florio is so biased he couldn't report on local traffic conditions without introducing some form of bias. I can see it now, "There is a backup on route 10 due to light snowy weather and now heavy fog. I drive a car with all weather tires.  People without all weather tires are probably to blame for the backup.  Maybe everyone should be required to use all weather tires in the winter to avoid traffic issues. The backup is expected to delay drivers by about ten minutes."

I understand that is part of his deal but it gets old and tired.  That and when there is a bigger issue, instead of waiting for facts to trickle in he goes nuts and writes articles almost every other hour instead of just writing one article.  I still read PFT because I don't use Twitter and they do break news fairly quick.  But I usually skip any articles written by him. 

Someone mentioned TMZ, IMO that is basically what his website was before it became an NBC affiliate.  A lot of rumors and sensationalism.  Now he seems kind of full of himself.  That, and when he goes in to want to be NFL agent mode when discussing players contracts.  I think it is clear he wishes he was an NFL player agent.  His many articles on the Le'Veon Bell issue was a good example of that even though his opinion probably turned out wrong.

That said he has made a niche for himself and profited from it.  IMO the majority of his "reporting" is pretty much NFL news clickbait. Heck, if you read the comments on his articles a lot of people call him out on his regular BS. But people still read and take the time to comment and for online media that matters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here. - George Cantstandya - 02-09-2020, 05:48 PM