Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bengals look at XFL players?
(02-09-2020, 10:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, but the arena league is gone and the CFL has had some back and forth with the NFL but both leagues have been around for generations so there is less of that "any job in the NFL is better than this" aspect to it.  The CFL also has enough difference in the game and requires certain numbers of the roster players be Canadian and so on to keep things from being a simple "worse league/better league" comparison.  

With that being said, my CFL team's best WR just went to the Packers and their best defensive player just went to the Bears. One thing I noticed is that the NFL page is reporting on XFL stuff, which is quite the contrast to the prior XFL days when Vince McMahon spent a lot of brand energy slagging on the NFL for being less fun and more wimpy.  If the XFL isn't going to establish itself as direct competition and use insulting the NFL as a means to promote then this feeder system could would, yes.

Side note, Cardale Jones is a QB in the XFL...remember when the worst NFL team in the 2015 season was supposedly going to "fail for Cardale?"  Lordy. Or wait...he was supposed to go high in the 2015 draft but stayed another year and then got benched and his stock plummeted. So it goes.

That's how ridiculous the NFL is for QBs. Cardale played 3 really good games, and all of the sudden there was talk of drafting him in the first round.

Mr We Ain't Here to Play No School was viewed as a franchise QB for a moment in time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Bengals look at XFL players? - jason - 02-09-2020, 06:26 PM