Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Now comes the heads on pikes portion of our show...
(02-10-2020, 09:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'll just leave this here. We don't live in a world where laws actually apply to the President anymore, but if you were curious if firing these people as retaliation (which Don Jr. has confirmed) for legal testimony the answer is in fact yes.

18 U.S. Code § 1513.Retaliating against a witness, victim, or an informant

(e)Whoever knowingly, with the intent to retaliate, takes any action harmful to any person, including interference with the lawful employment or livelihood of any person, for providing to a law enforcement officer any truthful information relating to the commission or possible commission of any Federal offense, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

Before someone jumps in to say, "it says law enforcement officer it doesn't apply here!"...

(4) the term “law enforcement officer” means an officer or employee of the Federal Government, or a person authorized to act for or on behalf of the Federal Government or serving the Federal Government as an adviser or consultant— (A) authorized under law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of an offense; or (B) serving as a probation or pretrial services officer under this title;

Interestingly enough Donald Jr. has deleted his admission tweet, so my guess is someone got to him to warn him he just admitted on social media his father once again committed a crime.

Interesting.

Remember too that Mueller said Junior was too dumb to break the law even as he was breaking the law.

I'm sure someone will be along to say it doesn't apply to the POTUS (I don't know) but also Republicans don't care if he breaks the law.  They only care that he remains President so he doesn't say mean things about them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Now comes the heads on pikes portion of our show... - GMDino - 02-10-2020, 09:57 AM