Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome aboard Troy Walters new WR coach
(02-10-2020, 01:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I won't pretend to know everything that makes a good or bad hire. But can someone explain to me why they consider it to be a good hire? Because just looking at from a leyman's perspective it seems to be, at best, a let's wait and see situation.

-Scott Frost's start in Nebraska has been rough to say the least. He's been on almost every "hot seat" list for 2020.
-Frost is the only coach in Nebraska in decades to have a losing record (9-15) through 2 seasons.
-The offense Walters lead finished 7th in the Big Ten.
-Walters was let go from Nebraska.
-Walters will be taking an enormous pay cut from 700k salary in college. Why did he not take a similar job at another school?
-Walters has ZERO NFL coaching experience

None of this is to say he'll be a bad hire. Again, it just question why it's been deemee a "good hire". I'm just curious what I'm missing. From my perspective, we've got a coach coming off two terrible years who was let go, taking a big pay cut, with no pro coaching experience.

What am I missing that makes this a good hire?

Because Wes, most bengals fans are just SHAMLESS! That's right.. WE use pillow cases instead of pillow shams and are damned proud of it. Other than that I got nothing here.. Mellow Some barbarians just use pillows without any fancy schmancy coverings and decorate them with left over dried drool. Shocked You know who you are by the way..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome aboard Troy Walters new WR coach - grampahol - 02-11-2020, 01:25 AM