Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-29-2015, 02:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Frankly after reviewing the numbers from Russia, I'm embarrassed that you actually tried to use them in your argument. You clearly don't understand how to analyze statistics.

No it's not unfortunate for me. The numbers are what they are. I don't make them up, neither do you. You can point to as many variables as you want, but it's not going to suddenly make all of the numbers invalid like you wish for them to be.

What I have presented is that in countries where SSM is not legal, the rates have started to fall (due to what ever variable you want to use). Where SSM has been made legal, more of the general population got infected (due to whatever variable you want to use), where as in the other the numbers dropped by half. Pretty telling considering the population sizes of India and Japan vs Netherlands.

I'll get back to you later on that last part.

I used Russia because it was a random country I picked. I wasn't really analyzing anything, just looking at the surface of it all because looking any deeper is a waste of time since you will continue to lack the understanding of a thorough breakdown. Anyway, how about the UK, Germany, Sweden, or France. Does that do better for you? Their prevalence rates are all steady throughout the same time period during which SSM was not legal.

Also, the fact that you are using the larger population sizes to try to say using India and Japan in comparison to the Netherlands somehow makes your argument more solid shows you know nothing about comparing entities externally as you should always choose similar comparisons. The population sizes, cultures, and economies of Japan and India both make them horrible comparisons to pretty much any country in western Europe for just about anything.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - Belsnickel - 05-29-2015, 03:46 PM