Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Reds hang with the Dodgers?
(02-18-2020, 09:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: It really boils down to timing. The pitching can be great, but if the Dodgers pitching is as good or even better the whole thing may come down to one guy getting a key hit at the right time or even a player from other teams making a critical error at the right time. Remember Bill Buckner and his major blunder at 1st base?
https://youtu.be/7ujwjqIldwU
He'll never be forgiven that error by Redsox fans no matter how long he's dead.. By the way, this video seems to drag on and on..

I remember a year or so ago them doing a special on the Buckner incident 35 years later or whatever ? Sad how an otherwise good career was so stained by that one bad play. A play that had it happened in June would have been long forgotten.

I can't help but recall my own FUBAR, on a much smaller stage. I played 2B in HS. pretty much routine pop up to shallow RF, or so it seemed. It was a HR in an elevator shaft pop up. Thing I didn't realize until it was to late, it had a ton of top spin on it and just kept drifting further out and towards 1B. I called everybody off but in the end just couldn't readjust enough. 

Would have been last out. Next guy up hit a two run double, we lost, and got knocked out of playoffs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Reds hang with the Dodgers? - bengalfan74 - 02-18-2020, 09:34 PM