Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Bloomberg's attempt to buy the election, detailed
(02-18-2020, 04:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: i'm pretty resigned to being disappointed. I mean, there are candidates I would rather see on the ticket than others, but I'm going to be holding my nose when I vote regardless in November.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12483738]

In all seriousness, though, my ideal candidate would be a mash-up of the Roosevelts.

I get that.

My ultimate goal is Bernie as the nominee but even I have my doubts about whether the country is ready for his proposals. We've been taught since our childhoods that communism is bad, to the point that basically any redistribution of wealth is considered Stalinism by a lot of people. And that's very intimidating when you're determining who can capture the votes of the general public.

If I thought Pete or Amy or even Biden actually had a chance against Trump, I'd probably vote for them instead. I just see way too many warts on these other candidates. Amy doesn't have that many problems, but I am also concerned about the "Hillary Hangover," even with the acknowledgement that that may be considered a sexist stance on the matter (for the record, my concern isn't about a woman being a good president, it's about the people in this country thinking a woman would be a good president). Plus she's so boring. She's the "We can't afford that!" candidate this election cycle. I can't remember the last time that style of politicking actually drove people to the polls.

I think our best shot is increasing turnout from typical nonvoters (young, poor and minority voters, mostly) rather than "converting" Never Trumpers and moderates who, apparently, are still open to voting for Trump if the Democratic nominee is not exactly what they want.

I am prepared to be disappointed in November. The fact that the Democratic nominee isn't a slam dunk winner regardless of who it is, given the blatant authoritarian behavior from Trump over the last few years, is truly pathetic. I've caught myself often questioning the quality of the people in this country for even giving Trump a shot at re-election...

But thems the breaks, I guess.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Bloomberg's attempt to buy the election, detailed - CJD - 02-19-2020, 10:52 AM