Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals.
(02-19-2020, 01:39 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: We're not even to the combine yet and already we have had a million and one articles on how Joe Burrow should distance himself with anything to do with the Bengals, even if he has to disavow himself from the LSU Tigers to make that point.

But it has recently sparked the ire of both former and present Bengals.

Even Bengals who played in the toughest era for fans, players and coaches alike the 90's have come to their defense.

Willie Anderson recently tweeted "Joe Burrow has not said he doesn’t want to play for @Bengals . As fans y’all should be going in on media every time they report this garbage! We have to show @Bengals in good light to national media! #whodey"

Tyler Boyd recently tweeted "The way the media talk so down on us (Cincinnati Bengals) is really absurd. The disrespect is crazy but it's life all it consist of is proven people wrong."

Joe Mixon retweeted and responded "Straight ?’s bro! Come September We bouta Turnup all year on they as*. All Season long!"

Auden Tate also retweeted and responded "100% 100%!"

Shawn Williams responded as well "@jlbiii3 (Jessie Bates) talk to @boutdat_23 (Tyler Boyd) he don’t believe right now give him some inspiration on this good Tuesday."

Cris Collinsworth owner of PFF and former Bengal, well PFF has recently talk about how crazy this recent Joe Burrow talk is.

Joe Mixon has also tweeted about how these headlines have been crazy here weeks ago "LMAO why is it so much controversy over a pick? Idk if y’all know but nobody word outside the team has anything to do with them getting drafted. That’s not how it works!" and "Y’all gotta stop believing everything y’all see!"

It's nice to see this is fueling the team in a positive way and if I'm Zac Taylor I hold team meetings this week and I keep headlines posted throughout the locker room about how the media doesn't think Joe Burrow could win with AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate, John Ross, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon, Gio Bernard, Jonah Williams, Trey Hopkins and our defense.

I know some of these are depending on who we bring back.

The point I'm making is I can think of a couple of teams that would be worse for Burrow skill position wise then the Cincinnati Bengals!

I'd fire them up, tell them the media thinks they might as well crawl in a hole and die. Just be reserved to the fact that they can never be winners.

Here's to hoping it motivates them and causes them to turn it up all year long as Joe Mixon said.

Though I still believe a respectable 6-7 wins would be a huge improvement. Ultimately, winning is the only thing that is going to change the narrative though.

Great to hear! This could end up really motivating this team big time. Like you said Burrow could be going to a lot worse
teams as far as further away from being a contender. All we need to do is fix the O-line with a FA and a Draft pick or two
and get a couple sideline to sideline LB's to get the Defense back on track. We aren't THAT far off. 

The coaching is what REALLY needs to improve and with Zac and company being so young it isn't far fetched for them to
improve tons in their second year coaching this team with a guy like Burrow and more in the fold.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-19-2020, 02:30 PM