Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals.
I wouldn't use a blanket term such as, "poorly run," to describe the Bengals.

Antiquated is definitely the term I'd use, because the team is absolutely NOT, "poorly-run;" they make money, year in, year out and for a business, that doesn't make you poorly-run.

Look at the 5 big banks here in Canada; 3 are well-run and modern (BMO, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank), 1 is poorly-run (CIBC) and 1 is antiquated (RBC; they STILL use envelopes to deposit at ATMs, when even the Credit Union I work for, hasn't for 2 years).

RBC makes the most money and is the largest institution of the 5, despite being not as modern as the other 3. CIBC was the FIRST institution of the 5, to allow you to take pictures of cheques and deposit them remotely, in addition to a whole slew of Online Banking innovations, etc.

But, they have the least satisfaction of the big 5 and deposits are not where they need to be, not to mention their customer service is notoriously awful.

The Browns, for example, are CIBC to a T: they were one of the first to go all in on the analytics train, they swap GM and HC positions like socks and they continually spend money to try and change things up... but they are clearly poorly-run and a terrible franchise, from top to bottom (save for on-field talent, which is obviously decent).

I'm not going to go as far as say the Bengals are RBC (they hardly have the amount of success as Canada's biggest bank), but they run similar, antiquated (to an extent) business models; neither has turmoil, issues with the law, scandals, firing people left right and centre after a year or two, etc.

It's merely a matter of getting with the times and modernizing, nothing else; as has been mentioned a ton over the past month+, the Bengals were praised constantly for the past decade, about their model of drafting well, keeping their own, being loyal, etc.

As has also been harped upon though, if you run that model and miss on drafts and keep the wrong guys, well, you need to modernize and fix things in other areas and not be stubborn about it.

That's hardly, "poorly-run."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals. - Truck_1_0_1_ - 02-19-2020, 02:51 PM