Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals.
(02-19-2020, 03:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't mean to keep harping on the same thing, but again, "poorly-run," isn't even accurate either.

Antiquated and stubborn, not poorly-run. They have systems, business models and all that in place. All of it is sound, but the product is not up to standards.

That's due to bad decisions, but not because the organization isn't competent or competently built.

McDonalds has had a POS product for a very long time, but their business model makes it run like a well-oiled machine and they make a lot of money.

That's putting out a crappy product, but it doesn't mean that the company run like idiots.

It is poorly run.  I don't care how you cut it.  And, yes, they do run the company like idiots. 

1.  The front office and scouting structure is the worst in the NFL.
2.  They rarely sign a tier 1 or even tier 2 free agent.
3.  They ignore upgrading their practice facilities.

I can actually stop right there.  

Anyone that argues that the organization is competent is confusing on the field success (which has actually been a few years) and financial success (which at this point, even a billy goat could make money running an NFL team)

I can't see how any part of this team is actually run well.  The rules in place set by the NFL (salary cap and revenue sharing) make sure that even the worst run organization in the NFL is a financial success.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals. - Hammerstripes - 02-19-2020, 04:45 PM