Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals.
(02-20-2020, 12:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: While I agree 100% with the media take that the Bengals are poorly run, I don't think the media has our (fans) best interest in mind by saying this. Where has the media been on this over the last 20+ years? They only pop up with this take when they see a stud QB prospect about to go to media no-man's land.

They see a wealth of future sports stories in Joe Burrow, and they don't want that to die in Cincinnati. That's all they care about. That and generating clicks at a dead time for sports. That's it. Any other time, they ignore the miserable situation in Cincinnati, which allows Mike Brown and family to continue on forever without heat from the national media, which would in turn put pressure on Goodell to put pressure on the Brown family.

The truth is that the media likes the Bengals right where they're at. For every league darling with a big fanbase, the league needs a bad franchise like the Bengals, Lions or Browns. So even though what they're saying is true, screw the media on this Joe Burrow stuff.

I don't disagree with what you have written here. Ts, I remember a time when the Saints, and Bucs where treated very much the same way.
Both of those franchises were able to overcome and win a SB in my lifetime. Here's to hoping our ownership will do the same, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals. - coachmcneil71 - 02-20-2020, 05:43 PM