Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Willie weighs in on Bengals criticism
(02-21-2020, 01:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been hard on Mike Brown myself and to be quite honest he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets.

But Carson Palmer painting the gloomy picture that he was only held back by MB is in large part revisionist history. He was on some pretty good teams early on and couldn't get it done. Could MB have done more in the later years ? Yes, But for him to act like nothing was his fault is nuts. Palmer begged for T.O. and got him then fell on his face.

But back to Big Willie, he is right. For the media to be so blatantly disrespectful to the Bengals teams past and present is wrong. The media acts like the Bengals haven't won a game since the Reagan administration.

I fully believe no other team in the NFL, Lions, Redskins, Browns, Jags, Dolphins, Cardinals, pick your scrub of last 10 years or so. Many of whom have done worse than the Bengals would have anything close to this level of disrespect were they in our position.

I agree for the most part but it comes back to the Bengals having MB at the helm as owner/GM for almost 30 years.  That and even when we are good we never make that push into the playoff games non fans are forced to watch.

We haven't succeeded in the games no football Fan can ignore.  The hope for Burrow is that he's going to be so good that even being in Cincy won't hide him from the NFL fans as a whole.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willie weighs in on Bengals criticism - Nately120 - 02-21-2020, 01:20 PM