Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It sounds like the Bengals are going to be more active in free agency"
Here's one easy way to gauge their interest and intention in free agency:

Does Cordy Glenn get released in the next few weeks?

To me, this tells you everything you need to know about whether or not they truly want to spend in free agency, to build the very best team possible.

If they hang on to him past the start of free agency then I think you're looking at one or two different outcomes. 1.) They'll release him well after the draft, to "hide" the cap space that could have been spent in FA. 2.) They'll actually keep the bum on the roster, rather than spend elsewhere.

Look, it's pretty simple with this guy... Either you believe he was truly in concussion protocol for 12 weeks, and he shouldn't be playing football at all, much less at 9 mil per. Or... he faked it, and he shouldn't be playing here at 9 mil per.

Either way, he needs to go. He creates a ton of usable cap space, with a minimal amount of dead money. Even if we pretend last year didn't happen, and there's no drama sudrounding him, he still should be a cap casualty. He's not worth that amount, and he's not a long term option.

Frankly, it's shocking he hasn't been released already. Let's hope it happens here soon, buf the fact it hasn't yet leads me to believe that he'll be stashed for awhile, as to not add to available cap space. Which would, of course, lead to more clammoring from the fanbase to sign legitimate free agents.

If this team is truly serious about using free agency then you'll see this guy come off the books very soon. And Dre Kirkpatrick will as well. Both are vastly overpaid, aging, going into their final years, with limited dead money. Combined they create almost 20 mil in space. Uzmah would also be a player that may be dumped by a team looking to spend.

So yeah, just look for whether or not guys come off the books prior to the draft. Cuz if they don't then I wouldn't believe one word of them approaching it any differently.

My prediction? None get released early. AJ gets tagged or a multi-year eating into space. Dalton and his cap space will sit for weeks while big names come off tbe board. Mixon gets a new deal. Team throws the fans a bone wity the signing of one guy at like 3 years 20 mil, all the while crying poor. When in reality, done properly, they had about another 35 mil in cap spacs sitting there all along.

Hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It sounds like the Bengals are going to be more active in free agency" - Wes Mantooth - 02-22-2020, 12:39 PM