Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It sounds like the Bengals are going to be more active in free agency"
Sounds nice, but I'll never believe any pre-FA hype after this:

Quote:Lewis made it clear in a conversation with the Cincinnati Enquirer and Bengals.com that with respect to the Bengals' free-agency plans this year, don't expect the team to sit back and let the rest of the league wheel and deal around them. Look for them to be a little more aggressive. You can thank Brown for that.

"He doesn't want to hear, 'We will be better when we get these guys back,' " Lewis said in the Enquirer. "No, we need to get better. He knows we need to get better. He's pushing people to identify players that will make us a better football team in free agency."

https://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/83523/bengals-free-agency-shift-a-sign-mike-brown-wants-to-win

The only notable player we signed was Michael Johnson for 4 years/$20 million.

I do think we'll be more active than we have been lately, but I won't hold my breath for multiple big signings. I'll believe that when I see it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It sounds like the Bengals are going to be more active in free agency" - Shake n Blake - 02-22-2020, 05:17 PM