Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals.
(02-20-2020, 02:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I stopped reading after the first paragraph to give you rep lol  

The rest of the post is great, too, though  ThumbsUp

However, I don't necessarily agree with the second paragraph because of how much success Palmer had here and we've evolved (even if only a tiny bit) since then.  

I agree with it just being click bait.  They might think that the fans believe that, so they post it just so people click it and jump on the "they're going to ruin him" bandwagon.  

I do agree with the last paragraph about the media being happy with where we're at because we're a small market franchise, which will make it even sweeter when we finally break through and get a playoff win or two.

We have progressed as far as on-field success, but I think that's more due to Tobin and Marvin doing a fine job of bringing in talent through the draft. Not because the Brown family has made any real change to how they themselves operate. Because of that, I have serious questions about the sustainability of that success. I think we've already seen that talent fade and the success with it.

We're now at a crossroads. We need a serious dive into free agency and some big-boy cuts/trades (Glenn, Dalton, etc) to free up money to reboot this roster. We'll see if the Brown family can step up to the plate. Either way, there are things we haven't changed that will still hold this team back. The lack of a practice facility. Small scouting department. More importantly (and less discussed) is our overall structure.

Tobin is our "GM". He's been around for 20 years, which is far beyond the typical lifespan of a GM. Is he a lifer? Is Mike still the real GM? What happens when Mike passes? Are we too reliant/loyal to Tobin? If so, it'll be hard to have any accountability for failures. There are 100 other issues worth mentioning, but I'll just leave it there.

(02-20-2020, 05:43 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I don't disagree with what you have written here. Ts, I remember a time when the Saints, and Bucs where treated very much the same way.
Both of those franchises were able to overcome and win a SB in my lifetime. Here's to hoping our ownership will do the same, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The media will treat us that way until we have a big breakthrough and win a Super Bowl. I'm with ya. Not holding my breath.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals. - Shake n Blake - 02-22-2020, 06:16 PM