Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here...
(02-22-2020, 03:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I can see an argument for keeping Glenn.

Ultimately, it entirely depends on if the relationship between the Bengals and Glenn is repaired. He did come back and play for the end of the season and played pretty well. So if he can continue that production, I think it's better to keep him than to attempt to replace him with a rookie or mid tier free agent signing.

But if he still holds a grudge against the coaches, then he's better off being cut. We don't need a negative presence in the locker room. Glenn was a fine player, but he's not worth a potential headache on the team influencing our franchise QB.

Dre, on the other hand, can go. We can give his money to Dennard or potentially extending WJIII. If we re-sign Dennard, Dre is the 4th best CB on this team and you can't, in good conscience, pay your 4th CB 11 million dollars. Cutting him saves you nearly 10 million dollars this year and next.

We got Dennard on an absolute bargain in 2019, at 4.4 million. We could easily give him a 3 year deal and still save money on what we were paying Dre.

What if we cut Dre tomorrow, and Dennard walks? I don't see the rush to cut him at this point. Then again, I also don't think he's overpaid. What do people think Dennard is going to sign for? I also disagree that Dre is the 4th best corner on this team. Everybody loves Jackson, and he's done little more than flash at times... Over 4 seasons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here... - jason - 02-23-2020, 12:04 AM