Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Taylor may have learned at least one lesson
(02-24-2020, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, will have to see some major improvement from Zac to truly believe he can be a good HC for us. 

The play calling was just terrible last season IMO. But he is young which gives me hope he can learn to be much better.

Well at least we now know that our O-line should be in a directional drive blocking scheme.

But yeah, sure took the coaches long enough to figure it out.

The good thing is they did figure it out, it was just too late. But hey, if they figured it out earlier we probably wouldn't have 
the #1 overall pick and wouldn't be able to get the best QB to come out in some time.

Yes !

Couple years ago I remember an NFL analyst talking about "page flipper" OC's. I believe both Zampese and Lazor were guilty at times of being "page flipper" OC's.

In other words they had no ability to change game plan in game if plan A was failing. They just start page flipping. First page play 12. Second page play 19, 4th page play 2 and so on. They have no or little ability to call a game on the fly, to adapt. Their offense looses any sense of rhyme and reason. They just start throwing darts.

I think ZT was guilty of this last season. Many times he just seemed to be page flipping with little to no real plan. He's got to get it together and fast.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like Taylor may have learned at least one lesson - bengalfan74 - 02-24-2020, 04:59 PM