Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals.
[quote='Shake n Blake' pid='837458' dateline='1582406171']

We have progressed as far as on-field success, but I think that's more due to Tobin and Marvin doing a fine job of bringing in talent through the draft. Not because the Brown family has made any real change to how they themselves operate. Because of that, I have serious questions about the sustainability of that success. I think we've already seen that talent fade and the success with it.

We're now at a crossroads. We need a serious dive into free agency and some big-boy cuts/trades (Glenn, Dalton, etc) to free up money to reboot this roster. We'll see if the Brown family can step up to the plate. Either way, there are things we haven't changed that will still hold this team back. The lack of a practice facility. Small scouting department. More importantly (and less discussed) is our overall structure.

Tobin is our "GM". He's been around for 20 years, which is far beyond the typical lifespan of a GM. Is he a lifer? Is Mike still the real GM? What happens when Mike passes? Are we too reliant/loyal to Tobin? If so, it'll be hard to have any accountability for failures. There are 100 other issues worth mentioning, but I'll just leave it there.

I don't know where Katie and hubby stand on Tobin. But when Duke was hired, his dad Bill Tobin was hired by MB as a "consultant". He was a former GM for the Bears and the Colts and Dir. of Player Personnel for the Lions.

He was also a very close friend of Paul Brown.

Soooooo, you know how MB is about loyalty.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals. - JSR18 - 02-24-2020, 11:00 PM