Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clyburn busts slavery myth
(02-25-2020, 12:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://nypost.com/2019/03/14/the-us-has-more-millionaires-than-greece-has-people/
This is the main source I used, sorry for not including it in my post. For a moment there, I almost forgot that there were Dbag emoji trolls lurking on the board who can't wait until after 7:30am for people to get on and correct the mistake before they absolutely have to be dicks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

You posted and then five minutes later edited your post and the responded to MAtt an hour later...over 12 hours before any went out and did the work for you.

It's easy to make claims without citing anything.

Many folks prefer to post things without links for some reason.  Some even copy and paste entire paragraphs and never cite where they came from which gives the impression they are there own thoughts.

But thanks for at least finding something.  Smirk  <-- emoji just for you!

(02-25-2020, 12:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even if all of your assumed numbers are correct, 10% is still over 60 people per day. Enough to make your use of the word "impossible" rather inaccurate. 

My post was never to make it seem like I was saying having money doesn't make it easier to make money, and that parents of wealthy people don't have an advantage. They do.

I just had a problem with you using the term "impossible" because it makes it sound like no matter what anyone does they are stuck, and any failure to rise above the level you were born as isn't ever their fault, but merely the system that made it "impossible", and that's just no good to perpetuate.

So it is a misleading "fact" that people are "getting richer" when it is rich people who are getting richer not middle class/lower class people moving up as Matt was saying.

(02-25-2020, 12:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You might want to do something about that bad case of Trump On The Brain you have there. 

I never once mentioned this administration having anything to do with the numbers I was saying. It has nothing to do with Trump, Obama, Bush, or any other President. It's our country.

The OP was literally talking about an awful response from a Democrat to Trump and the GOP trumpeting low African American unemployment.

YOU didn't have to mention Trump or the current administration.  That it bothers you so much allows some insight into how quick you are to defend him. Otherwise your post had virtually nothing to do with the topic. Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Clyburn busts slavery myth - michaelsean - 02-21-2020, 06:44 PM
RE: Clyburn busts slavery myth - Dill - 02-21-2020, 07:04 PM
RE: Clyburn busts slavery myth - CKwi88 - 02-24-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: Clyburn busts slavery myth - GMDino - 02-25-2020, 09:39 AM
RE: Clyburn busts slavery myth - fredtoast - 02-25-2020, 01:10 PM
RE: Clyburn busts slavery myth - fredtoast - 02-25-2020, 03:22 PM
RE: Clyburn busts slavery myth - fredtoast - 02-26-2020, 02:27 PM
RE: Clyburn busts slavery myth - GMDino - 02-25-2020, 01:29 PM
RE: Clyburn busts slavery myth - GMDino - 02-25-2020, 09:52 AM