Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Plans to Castrate Sex Offenders
(10-13-2015, 10:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I embellished a bit, but it seems like this country is soft in punishing everyone, especially sex offenders.

Also, just because they can't get an erection (which some still could), doesn't change their mindset or obsession with touching or kissing or anything else in children, which is why, as I have seen politicians argue in articles, this is a bogus law.

I wouldn't say soft. But I would saw we aren't applying common sense approaches. Treatment for addiction is one of the best ways to prevent recidivism in drug related crimes, but few states can handle the number of addicts. And some are still doling out huge sentences for people possessing drugs, or growing them for their own use. Meanwhile, you can own a product that you knowingly allowed to harm people and — since it's a company — pay a punitive fine and get away with it. Or you can steal millions as a white collar crime and just pay it back, but do decades in prison for robbing a gas station. 

As far as the touching, that's not going to change if you cut off an offender's penis. (Can we say penis on this site? Haven't tried.) As with chemical castration, surgical only works to lower a man's testosterone. The difference is surgical gives someone the pleasure of holding up a sick person's nuts and say "never again!" Since that's usually a surgeon, they probably don't say that anyway as they're mostly sociopaths. Chemical does the same thing without the snipping.

(10-13-2015, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Czech Republic, unless it has changed recently. 

I'm not finding much outside of them in google searches. And it doesn't sound like it happens very often.

One thing I did find interesting was one country allows it as an option a couple years ago. Us, at least Texas and Louisiana. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/alabama-legislator-force-pedophiles-castration-knife-article-1.1502997
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oklahoma Plans to Castrate Sex Offenders - Benton - 10-13-2015, 11:12 PM