Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Make Russia Great Again
(02-24-2020, 05:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Link?

The question was to you tho since you seem so fine with it when it benefits Trump.

Are you fine with it in general or just when it benefits Trump?

And let's talk photo ID? When have you ever voted and not had to show your photo ID? The argument is for those who don't have or can't afford photo id's to be allowed to vote. So you may want to rethink your Dems won't allow something that is already law and happening.

And for those that don't have an ID, just how many people out there do you think don't have at least a photo id? I mean really can't cash a check or do many things with out one. so I would say it's a very small % of our population and very unlikely most of them have the time to vote, but on the flip side, the states were going to allow them to have a Photo id for free.

And no, I rarely ever give my photo ID. I give my election card.

(02-24-2020, 07:08 PM)Dill Wrote: I believe that Bels, like many of the rest of us, thinks that the intel community HAS figured it out. The Russians interfered in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump. They are preparing to do the same in the 2020 election.  The problem is, Trump does not agree. He is doing the opposite of leading on the issue of national security by punishing people who sound the alarm. Mitch McConnell, with the President's blessing, is currently blocking legislation which would protect elections from foreign meddling. https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/14/politics/mcconnell-election-security/index.html

You say "Most voters already had decided"--the question is whether Russian trolls helped them to their decision. And also whether the release of DNC emails influenced people's decisions, and whether we can expect similar tactics again. Less than 80,000 votes in 4 states decided the election. The timely release of fake news can certainly determine an election, especially when so many are so bad at telling real from fake.

Further, it looks like Russians were able to hack into voting machines in most every state. How do we know they can't do that again and with greater effect?

When you say we have no right to "whine" about Russian interference, people are justified in wondering if you think we should just let it happen, not try to protect ourselves, for that would be "whining." 

The question, again, is whether you think we should defend ourselves or not? You have not answered it.

(02-24-2020, 09:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, did you plan to answer the questions or just think that it wouldn't be noticed that you failed to do so?

As to your questions:

Yes; they should have been. However, with a CiC denying that this is occurring and a Senate that is incapable of doing anything but hold his jock they are without the typical policy support necessary to do much about it.

Why not downplay it? Because a foreign government attempted to influence our domestic politics through illegal means. That is a threat you our democracy, something the POTUS is sworn to defend. Not taking that threat seriously is a violation of the Constitution. I don't disagree that the media influenced the election, they always do. I agree about Comey, because his decision to out the Clinton investigation and not Trump's did a lot of harm and put the thumb on the scales, but those are American individuals and media organizations which have the rights to do those things. They are not foreign states taking illegal actions. And I agree about Clinton, have from the start.

And I certainly did answer the question. I said If we are going to interfere in other countries elections then we need to EXPECT IT when it's our turn, expecting it means prepare for it. I also stated that they were very ill prepared for this when it happened in 2016. But we can't place the blame for that election on Trump, he had ZERO power at that time to do anything about it.

Most likely what he's denying is that there was collusion, but ofc with an ego like his, why would he admit that they "helped" him win the elections when there was a ton of other variables as well?

As far as denying the Democrats bill? That should be seen as normal, since the Dems wants to take Federal control over the States using this bill they have proposed.
The old Dems More Gov vs Repubs Less Gov debates.

But it's not like nothing has been done. The States have been given a lot of money to shore up any weaknesses in cyber security that they might have had. Not only that, but trying to punish someone like Russia for interfering, what a legal night mare. First you have to catch them, then get the right evidence, then find a way to prove it was authorized by Putin (or current leader of which ever country is in violation) and we all know they will all deny deny deny and not cooperate. You can't just flat out punish Russia with out knowing for sure that Putin was behind it, what if it was a rogue party of Chinese Nationals working in Russia? Which Country would you punish? Neither, cause both Russia and China would flat out deny their knowledge of what was happening.

We all know FB had a huge hand in doling out that mis-information from Russian Bots, should we punish them? Warren seems to have a plan to punish them and now the question is, is that a violation of our 1st? And how exactly does she plan to prove that they "knew" about the political postings and did nothing? Just more money being wasted by time spend in and out of court.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Make Russia Great Again - NATI BENGALS - 02-21-2020, 09:43 AM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - Vas Deferens - 02-21-2020, 10:11 AM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - GMDino - 02-21-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - jj22 - 02-21-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - Dill - 02-21-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - GMDino - 02-21-2020, 02:44 PM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - jj22 - 02-21-2020, 07:01 PM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - Benton - 02-21-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - Belsnickel - 02-21-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: Make Russia Great Again - jmccracky - 02-21-2020, 03:11 PM