Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle?
(02-26-2020, 09:16 PM)hollodero Wrote: That rings true. Also, that is a fair criticism. In our defense, as ironic as that word may seem - it's what you asked of us back in '55. Rather demanded. We had to agree to never take sides in an armed conflict and to put it in out constitution.

So we just spend what is required to defend ourselves, and even though the Swiss might look suspicious we have little fear that someone will actually come and conquer us. We do spend a little on totally useless jet fighters from time to time though.

In general, I probably am an European minority but I'm all for spending more on the military, locally and within Europe. Preferrably as part of an European defense agreement of some sorts. We probably could do that though without sacrificing our social welfare.

On the other hand, you could spend less. You don't really need a space force for example.

This is Macron's fight at the moment because obviously since Brexit, France is the european defense.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle? - Arturo Bandini - 02-27-2020, 06:12 AM