Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020.
(02-27-2020, 04:05 PM)kevin Wrote: I just see Green as wanting out.  Also Mike Brown time to do long term contract was last off season.  You don't wait until Free Agency.  He will get huge Free Agent offers and he will be gone, which Mike Brown seems OK with.    The window of opportunity slammed closed on 2011 draft picks.  

Can the Bengals move on without them ?  Yes.  If they can lose with them, they can lose without them.   Bengals will dump the 2 biggest cap hits on the team, and that free's up building for the future.  The mega millions Mike Brown gets back with both leaving is right up Mike Browns alley.  

When Green could have played, fans said why should he risk injury with Free Agency coming.  I think that is not the attitude for winning going forward.

This isn't like resigning a Free Agent that nobody wants.   When a player like AJ Green goes Free Agent, it means Mike Brown has already decided to part ways and so has Green.   I've heard this from Trumpy and Collinsworth over the years.   A team never lets a big name player go Free Agent unless they are already set to lose him.   If Mike Brown had wanted Green, he would NOT be hitting the Free Agent Market in the first place.  That Mike Brown didn't sign him long term before 2019 season says it all.  Teams will offer Green more money than he has ever made, and he will be gone.

Free Agency hasn't even started yet, there has already been tweets about the FO going "all out" in extending Green and 
Mixon. Burrow said he wants AJ here. AJ has been injured for years, he will not get a giant contract like he would if he was
healthy the last few years. This is not the way I would go about it, just putting two and two together here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-27-2020, 05:02 PM