Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle?
(02-27-2020, 03:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: How much money do you spend on illegals annually? I mean a net amount. Illegals do pay taxes, that needs to be counted in.

I'm not straight up dismissing what you say, but I have no idea about the numbers behind it.

Edit let me add that to substantially cut down on illegals, you need more money for border control also. This is also money that is not available for education.

I'm aware of the money they contribute in taxes that go unclaimed.
Last I recall it was about $11.6B (For Fed/State/Local taxes).

In a study for Unpaid Medical bills from Illegals alone from the WSJ (11.9B):

[U]ninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers, another $3.0 bankrolled through “cost-shifting” i.e., higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/illegal-immigrants-get-public-health-care-despite-federal-policy-1458850082

Forbes claims:
How American Citizens Finance $18.5 Billion In Health Care For Unauthorized Immigrants

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/#7228490912c4

So before we even get started on the amount of money we spend on their kids that were born here but parents were not legal USC's (Those numbers are hidden from us because they are counted as USC's. But they get full benefits and their parents do not have to show their USC status. The kids get Medic aid, free lunches and all that jazz. Even Food Stamps cause the parents cant legally report an income with out getting in trouble.

Now back when Trump was screaming about them costing us $275B annually, some people came out and tried to do a report, here's one where they are costing us $54B annually (this includes deducting the taxes paid to)
https://www.heritage.org/immigration/report/the-fiscal-cost-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-the-us-taxpayer

There are approximately 3.7 million unlawful immigrant households in the U.S. These households impose a net fiscal burden of around $54.5 billion per year.

Amnesty for unlawful immigrants can pose large fiscal costs for U.S. taxpayers including public education, welfare benefits, and other benefits and services.

Policymakers must ensure that the interaction of welfare and other financial transfer programs with immigration does not expand the fiscally dependent population.

Direct benefits. These include Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation.
[*]Means-tested welfare benefits. There are over 80 of these programs which, at a cost of nearly $900 billion per year, provide cash, food, housing, medical, and other services to roughly 100 million low-income Americans. Major programs include Medicaid, food stamps, the refundable Earned Income Tax Credit, public housing, Supplemental Security Income, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
[*]Public education. At a cost of $12,300 per pupil per year, these services are largely free or heavily subsidized for low-income parents.
[*]Population-based services. Police, fire, highways, parks, and similar services, as the National Academy of Sciences determined in its study of the fiscal costs of immigration, generally have to expand as new immigrants enter a community; someone has to bear the cost of that expansion.

So there's a lot of Hidden things that roll up into the costs of those illegal aliens that many people will not talk about or steer the focus away from so they can just keep you going on one part where they can win.

Anyways, it's vastly an unknown number because no one wants to truly research it because it would probably give many USC's a heart attack lol.  My guess is it's double the 54B ($108B). and half what Trump said, (274B) 137B, some where in that range.

EDIT: Fastest way to make it stop as we go forward is to change the Citizenship granting from Born on Soil (Jus Soli) to by Blood (Jus Sanguinis). That move alone would take away the incentive to have your baby born in the US at all costs. The benefit would be gone so pregnant women about to deliver would have no reason to have their baby here anymore. The businesses of the wealthy Chinese having their babies here would also end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle? - Mike M (the other one) - 02-27-2020, 05:19 PM