Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals planning to part ways with Cordy Glenn
(02-29-2020, 10:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Let’s see who trades for him then.  I’m pretty sure no one will .  The value of cornerbacks keeps dropping because there’s no such thing as a shut down cornerback n Kansas City just won the super bowl with no name cornerbacks.   Also The Cowboys are not tagging CB Jones even though he’s considered a top 5 cornerback.   Doesn’t seem like CB is as important as it once was.   I can’t be the only one tired of Dre getting ran over by running backs n seeing him a step behind a WR on long routes.

Has the team ever even mentioned the possibility of moving Dre Kirkpatrick?  Honestly, I think that we're all just speculating on something we are "dreaming would happen", rather than something that has a distinct possibility of happening.  You say the league isn't paying Corners huge money these days, and that they aren't viewed as important as they were in previous years.  Along that same train of thought, RB and LB were in that category, and now all of a sudden, RBs and LBs are getting big dollar deals again.  I have a feeling that what is considered to be money worthy position groups in the NFL is a cyclical thing, dictated partly by the supply and demand of quality players in any given position group.

But not for the Bengals.  They view QB, CB, WR, DE, and LT as the "premium" positions, no matter what year it is, or what the given state of the talent pool is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals planning to part ways with Cordy Glenn - SunsetBengal - 02-29-2020, 11:12 PM