Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the first 3 picks which direction do we go?
(02-18-2020, 10:55 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I lean toward taking offense with the first three picks unless some bonafide slam dunk value can be found on the defensive side of the ball(rangy WILL backers would qualify). Why? Because in today's league you need to sustain drives. If a veteran Andy Dalton struggles to make first downs with the same line and receivers, how is a rookie going to look? We caught a glimpse of how a 4th round rookie looked in that offense and it was NOT pretty. 

The defense looked bad early in the year, but rebounded a bit when Dunlap and Dennard came back. With a young core of guys like Hubbard, Pratt, WJ3, and Bates; there's talent there to work with going forward. No matter how good the D may be, no defense in the modern NFL is built to stay on the field for the entire game and not give up points. I think that this is the year that you go out and put some pieces around Burrow and Mixon to try to establish an identity on offense. This may serve to keep your new QB from being overwhelmed or injured before he can get acclimated to pro level play. Green and Eifert are sadly no longer reliable targets. The o-line from 2015 that kept drives humming and allowed for explosive plays downfield is a distant memory. If Burrow is going to have a good career, he's going to need more help than Dalton or Finley got last season.

I agree wholeheartedly Bilbo.Build a dominant offense around Burrow.Lineman and receiver in rds 2 and 3.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the first 3 picks which direction do we go? - slim 751 - 02-29-2020, 11:25 PM