Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals planning to part ways with Cordy Glenn
(02-29-2020, 09:13 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Think all you want, you're still dead wrong. He's worth absolutely nothing in trade.

2.) He has 16th highest salary among CB's. That's top 25% of starters (64).

Consider this, he's 3rd or 4th best CB on the worst team in the league. He's also turns 31 in the begining of the season, is aging out of the position, and is coming off a season where he missed 10 games. He's not even a top 50 corner when healthy.

Who on Earth would trade anything for this guy? A.) No one other than XFL team looking to unload a used printer and a kicking tee.

I guess we will see if I am wrong, and perhaps I should re-phrase "far from top dollar" since you used rankings to stack the players salaries.  He is paid roughly 65% what the average of the top 5 CBs in the league are paid.  Dalton is paid half in that comparison with other top 5 QBs.  He is viewed as a tremendous bargain at 50%.  I would think that if a team wanted Dre, it would have to be contingent on a re-structure of his deal...and extension and less per year.  

His age and health from last year is clearly a factor, but I think the fact that the Bengals have had next to no pass rush really hurts his performance, as it has WJIII.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals planning to part ways with Cordy Glenn - SHRacerX - 03-01-2020, 11:47 AM