Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020.
(03-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff, a big reason why Joe had such a great season was this fact.

Also a big reason why Lamar Jackson had a big year for the Ravens, targeted his RB's and especially his TE's very often.

Don't understand what Dalton and Taylor were thinking last season, this needs to change and I think it will with Burrow.

The Ram's high powered offense that we took Zac Taylor from didn't feature a lot of throwing to the TEs.  In the passing game, they tried to always have receivers at 3 levels of the defense.  They like to sharp shoot to the one in mid depth level to lull the deep coverage to sleep, then burn 'em with the deep ball.  Worked really well in 2018, when they had an outstanding OL, rushing attack, and everyone bought the play action fake.

Both of their TEs are good players, both sure handed receivers and excellent blockers, just not a lot of designed targets for them in that particular offense.  I'm thinking that the Drew Sample pick was basically play the same role that Tyler Higbee does with the Rams.  (Just not a 3nd round pick, with so many other, more serious needs..) 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020. - SunsetBengal - 03-01-2020, 05:59 PM